Vigil to Demand a return to Democracy. Westlake Park.
Co-hosted by Seattle Indivisible and Wallingford Indivisible.
Transit: Take light rail or bus to Westlake station, exit to Pine street. We are in the Triangle park across the street from 5:30- 7pm.
Bring a flash light, electric candle or phone. (but it won't be dark)
Wear Red, White and BLUE!
Bring FLAGS AND SIGNS
We will hold a vigil for our democracy. 5:30 PM - 7PM .
Not a March. No speeches. Possibly some music. Lots of chanting.
Facebook Event https://www.facebook.com/events/292699638141532/ Please share and invite others.
"Restoring faith in our democracy and ensuring government works in the best interest of all Americans, not to the personal benefit of political insiders and the wealthy and well-connected, requires comprehensive reform that will extend well beyond any one President or Congress.
- Our democracy must be protected against all enemies, foreign and domestic. Uphold the Constition
- Our democracy must ensure the freedom to vote and have that vote counted. Voting Rights Matter
- Our democracy must be honest. Facts Matter
- Our democracy must have meaningful participation. People Vote, Money Doesn't. Corporations are NOT people.
- Our democracy must provide transparency into our government and our elections. "democracy dies in darkness"
- Our democracy must be responsive. Government by and FOR the PEOPLE
By choosing to attend this event, you are committing to participate non-violently and in accordance with the law, to work to de-escalate confrontations with others, and to behave lawfully to ensure the safety of event participants. You also acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any injury or damage to your person or property resulting from or occurring during this event, and that you release all event sponsors and organizers (and their officers, directors, employees, and agents) from any liability for that injury or damage.
401 Pine St
Seattle, WA 98101
Google map and directions